Ready for the rest of my life

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A walking tour

Dave and I went on a walking mission to find this tower and a jade market - we found neither but had a fantistic journey along the way. Like a line from one of my songs says - the destination is inconsequential, the journey holds the joy. We wandered into a traditional market with all sorts of wierd food and we bought a couple bags of treats, then we came across this amazing temple. In the temple this woman came to talk to us - likely to practice her english - she seemed to be saying that she had been to Canada or was going - I couldn't be sure. We ate at all sorts of local places and some time had no idea what we were going to get when we ordered it, but everything was good - even the street meat. We walked for 5 hours and my feet gave out 2 blocks from home and I had to limp the last stretch. We did stop in the Wufu market for a sandwich and a drink on the walk home and this cute little parade of kids in Halloween costumes came through and they all came up to us to give us their candy - I think they misunderstood what treat or treating is but it was so cute.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Sand...your pics are awesome...I look forward to your entries...keep them coming...it is good to know what you are up to over there...

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home