Ready for the rest of my life

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Well I arrived without incident and am very impressed how well my memory serves me from the last time I was here. Andrea's friend Dave is also here visiting which is great cause I have a partner in crime. The two of us must have walked 20 km yesterday and saw a good chunk of the city. We grabbed some food and walked over to the gardens at the cultural center for a breakfast picnic then caught a cab to the science and technology museum (that’s a pic of me at the transportation exhibit). After that the two of us walked down to the Wufu market in search of chicken sandwiches and Halloween costumes. We were successful on our mission - but it wasn't the most creative costume I've ever had. After that I went with Angela to a Greek restaurant to have a fabulous dinner and watch her belly dance. We returned to the apartment for a little pre-party and went onto to a bar on the 15th floor of a sky rise building for a huge party. I think every foreigner in the city attended and I mingled with many and danced the night away. Clubs don't close until the costumers leave so we stayed until 5am. I made the mistake of having too many vodka and redbulls - I wasn't drunk but totally wired and could only sleep for 3 hours.
(the pic above is of the Museum and the one below is of my current roommates and our Halloween costumes - from left Andrea, Dave, me, and Angela).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home